Thursday, March 29, 2007

Featured Artist - Jesirose!!

So, when I first opened my shop on Etsy I kept reading about ACEO's and I had no idea what they were. Until recently!! ACEO's are always 2.5" x 3.5" Art Cards, Editions and Originals. From what I understand, they are completely addictive and after seeing my next featured artist I can understand why.

I am pleased to introduce Jessica of Jesirose. This is just one of her many ACEO's:

and I love this painting which is acrylic on canvas board, 5 x7"


How would you describe your shop? My shop features basically whatever I'm interested in at the moment! I love to try new ideas and medium, so right now it's acrylic paintings and prints, but next week I might add some plush toys, I just enjoy crafting anything I can!


How long have you been crafting? My mom got me interested in painting and cross-stitch when I was pretty young, and ever since then I've enjoyed it.



Where does your inspiration come from? Mostly from other people, I really enjoy seeing techniques that other artists use and letting them inspire me. I also turn to my husband or two kittens when I need ideas.


What is your favorite piece? and why? My favorite at the moment is "Reach", an ACEO I did based on my first painting that sold on Etsy. It's acrylic on glossy cardstock.

How do you spend time when you're not crafting? I'm a full-time student and a web developer, so I am pretty much stuck in front of the computer! I am also training for a triathlon, getting out in the sun and water a bit!

What is the best advice you have received? and from whom? My grandma always told me I can do anything, and I have always tried to live up to that. Another quote I like to remember is "Anything worth having is worth working for", which inspires me when I am getting down, to remember that I just need to keep trying!

Final comments Thanks for featuring me!


Please visit Jessica at her Etsy Shop and see all of the wonder pieces she creates!

http://www.jesirose.etsy.com


No comments: