Friday, November 21, 2008

Feature Friday

It's time for word association. I'll start......

egg - scrambled
dinner - lunch
cold - snow
fire - hot

And when I say hot, I mean hot...especially when talking about today's featured Etsy shop...Tracy of PolishedTwo! Actually, to be completely honest, the first word that comes to mind when I look at her shop is HAPPY! Her designs are so bright, cheerful & colorful. Her pieces look almost effortless, like it is second to breathing to put these colors & beads together.

She certainly has a signature style and her pottery shards are no exception. They are beautiful ancient and replica Ming/Ching Dynasty shards that have beautiful images on them. She uses traditional Czech Republic glass beads to wood, brass, pewter, semiprecious stone, resin, porcelain, copper, and shell to re-iterate time after time her whimsical designs.

In addition to her jewelry (which includes EVERYTHING necklaces, earrings, bracelets & rings) she also makes bobby pins that are one-of-a-kind. These truly show her fun & whimsical style for sure!

From personal experience, Tracy is one of the most accommodating people you will meet. Treat yourself to some wonderful jewelry and swing by her shop. I'm sure you will pick up some great goodies as Christmas gifts (and I bet you'll end up getting something for yourself too!).

You are officially forewarned, anything you wear from PolishedTwo WILL be noticed and people WILL be stopping you to compliment your piece of jewelry. Happens to me all the time when I wear her Yarn Ball earrings (see picture above)!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

PolishedTwo has a great shop! i love those earrings. She is so unique. Great feature! I found your blog on the forums of indie public. It*s great.